Dialec Medical Services Pvt. Ltd.
dialec medical services
the effective concentrations
Using Citra-Lock™ 30% :
- improves overall patency rates
- reduces catheter-related infections
- reduces major bleeding for both tunneled an untunneld Central Venous Catheters (CVC)
Superior antimicrobial activity of trisodium citrate over heparin for catheter locking, Marcel C. Weijmer et al, Nephrol Dial Transport (2002) 17: 2189-2195
Since the introduction of Citra-Lock™ (46,7%) to the renal departmant of St.Bard’s renal unit (Royal London Hospital) has proven record in managing MRSA.
The number of MRSA infections has fallen from 2,27/1000 patient catheter days to 1,36/1000 patient catheter days.
Nolan JP, reducing Catheter Related Bacteraemia in Haemodialysis. Vascular Access Soc. 5th Int. Congress of Vascular Access Soc, Nice, 2007
Citra-Lock™ intervention provides significant benefit to patients, provides an extra 2-3 bed days to the hospital and provides substantial financial savings.
1. Ash SR (2000) Concentrated Sodium Citrate (23%) for Catheter Lock. Haemodialysis International 4:22-31
Trisodium citrate (TSC) lowers infection rates by reducing biofilm formation in haemodialysis catheters. The study of Bosma (2009) demonstrates an in vivo reduction of intraluminal catheter biofilm formation and bacterial colonizasion with the use of TSC 30% for HD catheter locking. By this mechanism, prevention of catheter-related infections by TSC can be largely explained.
Increase Safety & Simplified handling
The Citra-Lock™ vial features a drip free Luer-Slip/Luer-Lock connector:
- preventing microbial contamination
- protecting against needle stick injuries
- reducing handling steps
- promoting intuitive handing
Citra-Lock™ 30% 5ml vial
Boxes contain 20 x 5ml vial
Art. code: 24060203